MELIORA Laundry Powder Canister & Refill - 4 Scents
Plastic-free eco-friendly laundry powder that is a mean, green cleaning machine!
Meliora Laundry Powder is free of synthetic fragrances, dyes, preservatives, and brighteners. It's Vegan, Cruelty-Free, MADE SAFE Certified and contained in an 100% plastic-free cardboard/steel canister that's easy to recycle or reuse.
This 128 HE package is good for 64 standard loads of laundry and when it's gone you can easily refill your container with one of the Meliora Laundry Powder Refill bags. All you have to do is provide your own 1 tablespoon scoop.
#CAREWHATYOUWEAR & CARE HOW YOU CARE FOR YOUR CLOTHING!
Let's all aim for natural beauty and zero-waste with beautiful clothing that looks great while leaving less of a carbon footprint on our environment! Be the change - one garment at a time!
- USA MADE in Chicago
- ECO-FRIENDLY ETHICAL MATERIALS
- DETAILS: ✓ 100% Plastic-Free ✓ Dye-Free ✓ Preservative-Free ✓ Palm-Oil Free ✓ Cruelty-Free ✓ Synthetic Fragrance-Free
CONTENT / FULL INGREDIENT LIST:
UNSCENTED Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Vegetable Soap [Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Water]
LAVENDER Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Vegetable Soap [Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Water], Organic Lavandula Hybrida Grosso (Lavender) Oil
LEMON Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Vegetable Soap [Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Water], Organic Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil
LEMON LAVENDER CLOVE Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Vegetable Soap [Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Water], Organic Euginia caryophyllata (Clovebud) Oil, Organic Lavandula Hybrida Grosso (Lavender) Oil, Organic Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil
Nerd Alert: More Detailed Information On Ingredients:
- Sodium Bicarbonate: Also known as baking soda, sodium bicarbonate is an odor neutralizer.
- Sodium Carbonate: Also known as washing soda or soda ash, sodium carbonate is a pH adjuster. It raises the pH of the washing water, which results in more effective cleaning. For this reason it's often referred to as a laundry 'booster'.
- Vegetable Soap:
- Sodium Cocoate: This is the chemical name of saponified (that is, 'made into soap') coconut oil. It's the chemical that grabs onto both dirt and water to do the cleaning.
- Glycerin: This substance is chemically a type of alcohol and is naturally created when the oil is converted into soap. Glycerin is known for skin-softening abilities and is an effective solvent, meaning it can dissolve substances such as stains and dirts.
- Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil: There is a small amount of coconut oil left in the soap after conversion to sodium cocoate. This is because we use sodium hydroxide, or lye, in the conversion process and leaving excess oil ensures there is no remaining lye in the finished product. Some soapmakers refer to this as 'superfatting' and more oil remaining results in a softer, more moisturizing soap. Our coconut soap has only a small amount of excess oil, so it is not the luxurious body type and more of a 'get the job done' soap.
- Water: Water is used in the soapmaking process as a substance that dissolves lye and then is a medium so the lye can reach all of the oil to react. After being useful in this process, the water is allowed to evaporate from the soap over a period of several weeks, and the resulting dried soap has very little water. There is only about 5% water remaining in the finished soap, thus making it more shelf stable than a liquid soap that would require a preservative due to the high (about 60%) water.
- Add Laundry Powder directly to washer with clothes and send through washing cycle. (For HE Washers, use 1/2 scoop (1/2 tablespoon) // For Standard Washers, use 1 scoop (1 tablespoon))